Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy 2014!

It feels like I've been away for ages....well I have really, sort of! I was hoping to start posting again in October but time was not on my side. Towards the end of last year things went from busy to chaotic. Even Christmas seemed a lot less relaxed but don't we all prefer to be busy? I know I do!

My chosen image for my first post of 2014! It's a representation of the weather we are all having at the moment! Oh how I long for a bit of sunshine!
I am so grateful to have crochet (and crafting in general) in my life while we are all experiencing this horrendous weather! It's that little bit of sunshine that we all crave in our day. We've had a few power cuts thanks to some horrible storms & gale force winds but otherwise we have been very lucky. I hope you are all keeping safe & warm wherever you are in the world!


Although I've not blogged much, it doesn't mean my hook hasn't been busy! I've got so many projects on the go that I can't keep track of them all any more. I need to remember to make a note of what hook was/is being used for what project (biggest problem when you have too many WIPs on the go). Anyway, I thought I'd share some of my current WIPs with you. (Apologies for the photo quality in some. I've been using whatever is closest to take photos lately!)

And seeing as you've not seen any of these yet, I thought I'd start the year off with a post showing you my most recent completed projects of last year!
Crocodile Stitch booties (Pattern by Bonita Patterns), Corner to corner blanket (Pattern from Crochet Crowd), Infant hat (Pattern from Crochetvolution) - All made using Ice Yarns Magic Light DK.
Crocodile Stitch booties (Pattern by Bonita Patterns) - Made using Ice Yarns Magic Light DK.
Fluffy Meringue Blanket (Pattern by Patons) - Made using Ice Yarns Magic Light DK.
Headbands (Pattern by Flower Girl Cottage), Various flowers used but my favourite one is the Picot Flower by Skamma), Little Christmas Stocking (Pattern by Le monde de Sucrette) - Made using Ice Yarns Magic Light DK & Stylecraft Special DK Various.
Patchwork style granny square blanket for my future-in-laws! (I don't think you need a link to a pattern but I'll include one in the next photo anyway). - Stylecraft Special DK yarn.

Basic granny square pattern, and I used the JAYG method to join them.
I think this has become my favourite border! I got the idea from the lovely Lucy over at Attic24! It's simple yet effective.
Ok, I think I'll leave it at that for today! I've got plenty more to share but think it's best divided up into 2 posts! So for now I will love & leave you! Take care & thank you for reading ♥

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle! It's so nice to see you. You've accomplished so much! I spy some baby things in your crochet work...do you have an announcement to make? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww no, I'm sorry to disappoint :) but maybe in 10 years x

      Delete